French electro masterminds Justice will finally return with “Civilization,” a new single that will be released on April 4th 11th. The track will be the first single to their massively anticipated still-untitled new album, presumably out sometime this year. After being featured in an Adidas campaign, it has been premiered on French radio and been released on iTunes.
Native to Northern Ireland (any fetishists expecting cute Japanese girls can leave now), and consisting of Declan McLaughlin aka Decky Hedrock, Gary Curran, and Gareth Donoghue. The Japanese Popstars are signed to bespoke indie label, Gung-Ho Recordings (Gus Gus, Zoo Brazil) in the UK, and Beatink in Japan (home of Underworld, Aphex Twin, Cinematic Orchestra).
The Japanese Popstars are riding a wave of great live gigs, major festival bookings, and media praise off the back of thier amazing energy driven live shows and their critically acclaimed debut album ‘We Just Are’.
The Japanese Popstars’ only parallel with rock music is that they’d built up a sizable live following before releasing their first major single – some might even say cultish, judging by the amount of clips on Youtube. Their gigs are typically raucous affairs, with an energy that crackles with each beat, chord, and keyboard stab.
However, let’s get one thing straight about the music – The Japanese Popstars aren’t indie rave, or any other sub-sub-sub genre, theirs is big room, cool as f**k electronic music built for festivals and stadiums. They’re not dance kids aping indie kids, nor are they indie kids dropping synths and calling themselves ‘ravers’.
The Japanese Popstars – back to the future dance music for today, tomorrow, and forever, and it’s coming to a field near you very soon.
1. Goose – Can’t Stop Me Now (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
2. Tiga – Mind Dimension (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
3. The Whip – Muzzle No. 1 (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
4. Robyn – Cobrastyle (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
5. Goose – Black Gloves (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
6. Sound of Stereo – Heads Up (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
7. U-God – Stomp Da Roach (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
8. Shitdisco – 72 Virgins (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
9. Etienne de Crecy – Funk (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
10. Hervé featuring Marina Gasolina – Baseball Bat (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
11. Proxy – Who Are You (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
12. The All American Rejects – Gives You Hell (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
13. Captain Phoenix – Pistols And Hearts (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
14. The Toxic Avenger – Escape (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
15. Aston Shuffle – Stomp Yo Shoes (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
16. MSTRKRFT – Bounce (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
17. The Chemical Brothers – Dissolve (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
18. Etienne de Crecy – Welcome (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
Tonight at Mads CTRL_lose control crew party with special guest TAVRVS, elctroduo from Rome. Two rooms, five djs, visuals and more. Ddp, Supermarket, Yakuza and Skalibur will play electro, Indie and Nu Wave.
Feadz‘s third EP is set to be released on Ed Banger this December and the single The Ultimate was just shown the light of day exclusivly on beatport. You can definitely feel Boys Noize influence throughout the entire track.